Monday, November 16, 2009

"My Stupid Mouth" story by Anna, song by John Mayer

So the other night I'm putting Maggie to bed and she is going on and on about her Primary Lesson. "Mom, these guys put Jesus up on a cross and then he died for us and his body went into the ground and his spirit went to live with Heavenly Father and then a little while later he came alive again."

"That's right," I tell her. I should've just stopped there but then I decided this might be a good teaching moment so then I say, "You know Maggie that's going to happen to all of us." Maggie gets this look of horror on her face and says, "But I don't want those guys to put me up on a cross and make me get dead."

3 comments:

  1. No nightmares after that right! Nothing like a little clarification before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny. Kids minds are so cute. I can just see her getting all concerned. You're right though, that is totally an "Anna" comment. Hehe. I'm sure she'll get it all sorted out eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete