Monday, August 17, 2009

Kids Sleeping in Funny Places and Positions

The other day I sent Maggie to her room for time-out. She was very, very upset and I could hear her throwing things and stomp, stomp, stomping around. Deciding to not let my four-year-old bring out the four-year-old in me, I just ignored it and busied myself doing "mommy things". I must have done a really good because the next thing I knew more minutes had passed than I care to admit and it was really, really quiet. Oh no. Quiet is never a good thing. I go into her room to find out what she has gotten into and she isn't in there. I call her name, look under her bed, look in the closet. She isn't anywhere! I even checked the windows to make sure she hasn't escaped (yes she is that kind of kid). Where could she be? I start calling her name and walking around the house. Still no Maggie. I go back to her room and look around thinking where have I not looked? Then her toy chest (which we use as a blanket chest) catches my eye. I lift the lid and . . .

The little turkey had fallen asleep in her toy chest.

What is it with babies sleeping with their bumb in the air. Can that really be comfortable?

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for joining the blogging world! I love these pictures. I expecially love the one of Bronson. I guess is must be comfortable...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So was the lid down and everything on Maggie? Such cute kids you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm a producer with a national talk show. We're doing a segment on funny places kids fall asleep. I've seen several of the photos on your blog and would love to speak with you about using them in the show. We're taping this week, so I'd love if we could speak today (April 10). My contact info is below.

    Thanks,
    Jen Powell
    office: 212.259.1669
    email: jpowell@zoco.com

    ReplyDelete